Research Assistant I
Industry, Labor, & Economics (ILE) Group
Research Assistants support the ILE research group. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for participating as a research assistant on a variety of research activities focusing on the automotive industry and the public sector. This is a part-time temporary position (15 – 25 hours per week) during the school year with the potential for full-time employment in the summer. Hourly rate: $12.00 - $15.00, depending on experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research project tasks as directed
- Collect, organize and maintain macroeconomic, trade and automotive industry data
- Prepare results, including tabular and graphical presentations
- Conduct library and electronic searches and prepare abstracts of key sources, including comprehensive literature reviews
- Participate in project meetings as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, business, engineering, or related field
- Thorough knowledge and experience of MS Office Software, especially in PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with government and industry data resources
- Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry
- GIS and trade data experience
- Basic statistics knowledge and experience with statistics software
- Automotive Economics and Business
- Economic Development
- Regulation and Policy Analysis
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at email@example.com by March 1, 2017.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability or other characteristic protected by law.